Edublogs have made some necessary changes.  By necessary, I mean that I assume that, like the rest of us, the great people at Edublogs have to earn an income for all their hard work and creative design.  Of course, it is their perogative to do this, they know their needs, they have nothing but positive intent, I’m sure.

Like Edublogs, as an educator, I too have my own uses and needs related to blogging.  Edublogs provided for years now, the best product that I could access.  I passed the word, encouraged new edubloggers and was able to get a message out.

And I get that that’s worth supporting.

But many of those services are behind a wall of payment now.  I cannot justify their use with yet-to-be-convinced teachers and students and expect them to pay.  Being able to create blogs from an admin account spoiled me.  And maybe that was edublogs greatest flaw…offering me so much for so little.  Now I expect it, want it, demand it.

I use it to spread a message of 21st century learning and now, how can I keep pushing teachers thinking if I have to make them pay first.

Of course, it could be that I’m cheap.

Regardless, it’s time we part ways.

If I am going to be putting out money, then it’s probably best if I begin to spend it on a domain and the ability to host to suit my needs and those of my clientele.

Thank you, edublogs for all that you have provided.  It’s is an unfortunate parting of ways.  But we both have different needs now.

I feel like I’m breaking up with someone….it’s not you, it’s me.

It was probably time, anyway.

image by zanzibar, flickr creative commons

2 Responses to “It’s not you. It’s me.”
  1. Jeff Utecht says:

OK then…..when are we setting up the new site. Thinking Stack was it? :)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Miss ya in the office….you leave me there all along with “that guy”. Now I get nothing done. ;)

2. Where will “Thinking Allowed” end up?? How will the masses live without the musings of one of ed-tech’s great minds. Find a new host and post here when you do. Ill hang on to this RSS until then. Say hi to Stephen for me :)

3.